Are you a private candidate looking to sit for the WAEC GCE 2023 Second Series? The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has officially announced the commencement of WAEC GCE registration for 2023 – second series.
In this blog post, we’ll provide you with all the necessary information about the 2023 WAEC GCE registration for the second series, including the registration dates, cost, approved subjects, and other essential details.
Is WAEC GCE Registration for Second Series Out for 2023?
Yes, the WAEC GCE registration for the second series in 2023 is now open. As a private candidate, this is your opportunity to register and take the exam to achieve your academic goals.
What is WAEC GCE About?
The West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates, also known as WAEC GCE, is a standardized examination organized by the West African Examination Council. It is designed for individuals who are not regular school students but wish to obtain a Senior School Certificate equivalent to the one obtained by students in the regular school system.
How Much is the 2023 WAEC GCE Form?
The cost of the WAEC GCE registration form for the 2023 second series is Eighteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N18,550) only. However, for walk-in registrations, the cost is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500).
When is GCE Second Series Starting?
The registration for the WAEC GCE second series will commence on July 10, 2023. Candidates are advised to complete their registrations before the deadline, which is on August 11, 2023. The actual exam will take place in November.
List of Approved Subjects for WAEC GCE Second Series
The WAEC GCE offers a total of thirty-six (36) subjects for the examination. Before registering, prospective candidates should visit the WAEC corporate website (www.waecnigeria.org) to confirm the available examination towns and subjects. Make sure to select the subjects relevant to your academic interests and future aspirations.
Where to Buy WAEC GCE Registration Pin
To register for the WAEC GCE, you need a registration PIN, which can be obtained from the following banks:
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nigeria
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Jaiz Bank
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
Please note that there will be an additional commission of Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) payable to the banks/accredited agents. Alternatively, you can use cashless payment channels with a credit/debit card to purchase the registration token.
Registration Process and General Information for WAEC GCE 2023
Here’s a step-by-step guide to register for the WAEC GCE 2023 second series:
- View the Information VCD before registering for the examination.
- Ensure that you have all the necessary requirements for the registration process.
- The registration fee is non-refundable, so be sure of your choices before submitting your entries.
- Check the website regularly for updates on the examination timetable.
- Follow the specified guidelines for uploading passport photographs during registration.
- Study the examination Regulations and Syllabuses, available for download on the WAEC website, using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must come to the examination hall dressed in mufti and without any arms or electronic gadgets.
- Mobile phones and other electronic gadgets are strictly prohibited inside the examination hall.
- Provide valid email and telephone number(s) during registration for communication purposes.
- Ensure your entries are correctly completed to avoid errors in your particulars.
Approved Subjects for WAEC GCE Exam
Candidates can select a minimum of seven (7) and a maximum of nine (9) subjects for the examination. The table below shows some of the subjects offered:
- Commerce (103)
- Financial Accounting (104)
- Christian Religious Studies (202)
- Economics (203)
- Geography (204)
- Government (205)
- History (207)
- Islamic Studies (208)
- Literature in English (210)
- Civic Education (216)
- Arabic (301)
- English Language (302)
- French (304)
- Hausa (327)
- Igbo (328)
- Yoruba (329)
- Further Mathematics (401)
- General Mathematics (402)
- Agricultural Science (502)
- Biology (504)
- Chemistry (505)
- Physics (512)
- Visual Art (706) …and more.
Frequently Asked Questions on GCE
Can I Register for WAEC GCE Myself?
Yes, you can register for WAEC GCE yourself if you have all the necessary requirements mentioned in this post.
Is WAEC GCE Harder Than WASSCE?
No, the difficulty level of the exam depends on your level of preparation.
Can I Use WAEC GCE to Study Abroad?
Yes, WAEC GCE for private students is recognized and accepted abroad.
The WAEC GCE form for the 2023 second series is now available. To apply, purchase your registration PIN and follow the guidelines provided on the registration portal (https://registration.waecdirect.org/). Ensure you choose the subjects relevant to your academic goals, and prepare diligently for the examination. Good luck on your WAEC GCE journey!